Last modified: 2002-03-23 by phil nelson
Keywords: changhung | chollanam-do | korea | south korea |
Links: FOTW homepage | search | disclaimer and copyright | write us | mirrors
by Blas Delgado
Adopted 4/15/1971 - Proclamation 220
1. Whole design symbolize the characteristic of our native place, cooperation and unit of county people.
2. The yellow circle shape is the symbol of "KO" used in playing tug of war under the full moon. This game is the traditional cultural art of our county people. The ring on the upper part represents the cooperation and unit.
3. The green peak in the circle symbolize "Kooksa-peak" "Chunkwan mountain" "Erkbul mountain" which are noted mountains of Changhung.
4. The blue horizontal line in the circle symbolizes the sea and Tamjin-river.
5. The blue color on the ground symbolize the youthfulness and hope, yellow color does the everlasting peace and development.