You are here > 1UpTravel.com > Travel Warnings & Consular Information Sheet


Travel Warnings and Consular Information Sheets

By Name of Country


Travel Warning & Consular Information Sheet

Tips for Travellers to Canada


Millions of U.S. citizens visit Canada each year. We hope this brochure will help you avoid problems, but if you should need assistance as a result of an accident, illness, or even the loss of your passport, our Embassy in Ottawa and Consulates General in Halifax, Quebec City, Montreal, Toronto, Calgary, and Vancouver are there to assist you.


For up-to-date travel information on Canada or any country in the world that you plan to visit, obtain the Department of State's Consular Information Sheet. Consular Information Sheets cover such matters as health conditions, unusual currency and entry regulations, crime and security conditions, drug penalties, and areas of instability. In addition, the State Department issues Travel Warnings when we recommend Americans defer travel to a country because of unsafe conditions. Travel Warnings are under continuous review by the Department of State. Before you depart for a country that has a Travel Warning, make certain that you have the most recent revision of the Warning. The Department of State also issues Public Announcements as a means to disseminate information quickly about relatively short-term and/or trans-national conditions which would pose significant risks to the security of American travelers.

Travel Information

How to Access Consular Information Sheets, Travel Warnings and Public Announcements

Consular Information Sheets, Travel Warnings and Public Announcements may be heard any time by dialing the Office of Overseas Citizens Services at (202) 647-5225 from a touchtone phone. The recording is updated as new information becomes available. They are also available at the 13 regional U.S. passport agencies, field offices of the Department of Commerce, and U.S. embassies and consulates abroad, or, by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope and indicating the desired country to the Office of Overseas Citizens Services, Bureau of Consular Affairs, Room 4811, U.S. Department of State, Washington, D.C. 20520-4818.

By Internet

Information about travel and consular services is also available on the Internet's World Wide Web. The address is http://travel.state.gov. Visitors to the web site will find Travel Warnings, Public Announcements and Consular Information Sheets, passport and visa information, travel publications, background on international adoption and international child abduction services and international legal assistance. There is also a link to the State Department's main site on the Internet's World Wide Web with current foreign affairs information. The address is: http://www.state.gov.

By Fax

From your fax machine, dial (202) 647-3000, using the handset as you would a regular telephone. The system prompts you on how to proceed.

Consular Affairs Bulletin Board - CABB

If you have a personal computer, modem and communication software, you can access the Consular Affairs Bulletin Board (CABB). This service is free of charge. To view or download the documents using a computer and modem, dial the CABB on (301) 946-4400. The login is travel; the password is info.

Go Up - Top of Page


Next Page

Make 1Up Travel your HomepageSend this Page to a FriendGo to Top of PagePrint this PageAdd 1Up Travel to your Favorites


Compare Country Info Hotel Directory Geography Flags World Maps Travel Warnings National Parks


Asia Africa Caribbean Middle East North America South America Central America Oceania Pacific Europe Polar Regions


Destinations Monuments Ancient Wonders Modern Wonders Natural Wonders


World Time ISD Codes Travel Links Link Exchange


Disclaimer: Although we've tried to make the information on this web site as accurate as possible, we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by any person resulting from information published on this site. We encourage you to verify any critical information with the relevant authorities before you travel.

Copyright 1Up Travel All Rights Reserved.
Go Up

Privacy Policy