1UpTravel


 

You are here > 1Up Travel > Countries of the World > Europe > Spain



ADVERTISEMENT

Country

 At a Glance

  Introduction

  Topography

  History & Culture

  Life

  Cuisine

  Holidays

  Festivals

  Embassies

  Administration

  Newstand


 Worth a Visit !!

  Cities

  Attractions

  Maps & Cities

  Shopping

  Eating Out

  Recreation

  Essentials

  Travel Links


 Country Facts

  Introduction

  Geography

  People

  Government

  Economy

  Communications

  Transportation

  Military

  Transnational issues


Related

  Spain Guide
  Spain Maps
  Spain Hotels
  Spain Flag
  More Spain Flags
  Spain Geography
  Spain Travel Warning



Travel & Tourism . Tourist Guide to the Country

Spain Life




People

Population of Spain was 38.8 million in 1986. Projected 40 million by 1990, 42 million by 2000.The rate of annual growth from is from 0.8 percent to 1.2 percent from 1930s to 1980s. Growth rates are expected to level off or to decline slightly for remainder of the twentieth century.


Language
The official language of Spain is Castilian Spanish and dominant in usage, especially in formal settings, but is estimated one of four Spanish citizens had a different mother tongue.
In the new Constitution of 1978, hereby allows for other languages to be "co-official" within respective autonomous communities, such as (Catalan, Galician, Euskera the Basque language, Valencian, and Majorcan).


Religion
99 percent of Spain's religion are of the Roman Catholic faith. The other 1 percent consists mostly of other Christian denominations, including a small Jewish community.
Society generally becomes more secular as society and economy becomes more modern and developed.
1978 guaranteed religious freedom by the Constitution, which formally disestablishes Roman Catholicism as the official religion.
But the churches still enjoys somewhat privileged status. The continuing government financial aid to church was a contentious issue in the late 1980s.


 

Acknowledgements: ASIATRAVELMART.COM








Make 1Up Travel your HomepageSend this Page to a FriendGo to Top of PagePrint this PageAdd 1Up Travel to your Favorites


CHANNELS

Compare Country Info Hotel Directory Geography Flags World Maps Travel Warnings National Parks

DESTINATIONS

Asia Africa Caribbean Middle East North America South America Central America Oceania Pacific Europe Polar Regions

PHOTO SPECIAL

Destinations Monuments Ancient Wonders Modern Wonders Natural Wonders

UTILITIES

World Time ISD Codes Travel Links Link Exchange

 



Disclaimer: Although we've tried to make the information on this web site as accurate as possible, we accept no responsibility for any loss, injury or inconvenience sustained by any person resulting from information published on this site. We encourage you to verify any critical information with the relevant authorities before you travel.

Copyright 1Up Travel All Rights Reserved.
Go Up

Privacy Policy